So, I’m really excited about this. I’ve never participated in anything like this, and I’m really looking forward to it. So much so that I’m already trying decide what to read. I’m thinking starting a series would be very suitable for a read-a-thon, so I’ve been looking through some I have on my to-read list. Any and all opinions and suggestions welcome!
1. The Sookie Stackhouse series. I’ve been thinking about reading this for like 3 years. I’m hesitant because of the mixed reviews. My good friend has read most of them and said the first couple are kinda bad, then they get good, then bad again.
2. Percy Jackson and the Olympians Ever since I finished Harry Potter, I’ve been looking for a series that gives me that same feeling of magic and adventure. Fans of HP seem to really love this series, so maybe this is the one.
3. Mistborn Sort of the same reason as Percy Jackson. I want fantasy, magic, and adventure. This one looks good and has great reviews from fantasy lovers.
4. The Dresden Files Another one I’ve been considering for a while. It seems to have all the things I like in a book – magic, mystery, and murder.
5. Dexter Huge fan of the TV series, and since this is the last season, it would be fitting to finally read the books. Plus, summer is the perfect time for these, I think.
- Summer Lovin’ Read-a-Thon Sign-Up (bookblogbake.wordpress.com)